Everyone loves eating cupcakes! But when a cupcake is beautifully decorated then
Making your own Buttercream Icing is really easy!
- Icing Tips – we will be using tips 1M, 21, 12, 104, 3, 352, 16, 233
- Couplers – you insert one end into your icing bag. It then allows you to change out your icing tip and use the same colour of icing.
- Icing Bags – I like to use the disposable bags.
- Spatulas – the rubber ends as well as a rounded metal spatula
- Buttercream Icing
- Icing Colour – the gel type, not the liquid dye
- Mixing Containers – I use the plastic containers with lids, so I can store my icing after I make it
- Water Bottle – easy to add water to your icing to thin it out
- Icing Rack Holder – Optional – good if you are working with many icing bags at the same time
- Decorations to add to your designs – Optional
- Vegetable Shortening – 1 cup
- Water – 8 tsp.
- Clear Vanilla – 1 tsp. If you use real vanilla, your icing won’t be completely white.
- Icing Sugar – 1 lb.
- Meringue Powder – 1 tbsp.
How to make it
Step 1: Buttercream Icing is best made in a table mixer. Combine the Vegetable Shortening, Water and Vanilla in the mixer.
Step 2: Add in the Icing Sugar and Meringue Powder and mix until they are combined. Mix for another minute to make the icing creamy.
You can make a double recipe at the same time.