This is a healthy sweet potato soup recipe because I wanted to keep it vegan. I love creamy soups but they are not necessary healthy. I added almond milk to this recipe instead of vegetable stock.
The star of this recipe surprised me. I thought the sweet potatoes would be the center of attention when it came to flavor. However, it is the dried Rosemary that stole the show! Wow! They packed quite a huge flavor punch to this soup because I used 1 Tbsp of it. Talk about warming trends, it warmed me to the soul.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 turnip
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of whole peppercorns
- 3 pieces of ginger, small chunks and skin removed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp of dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 2 Tbsp of hazelnuts
- 1 large green apple
- 3 tsp of lime juice, split into 2 parts - 1 tsp and 2 tsp
- 3 tsp of almond milk.
- 5 Cups of water. Use 1/2 cup at a time
- 1 tsp of Cilantro for garnish