For this St. Patrick’s Day I decided to reinvent one of my favourite traditions. The Shamrock Shake! With some healthy ingredients and a little creativity I did it!
- Blend the following ingredients:
- 2 bananas
- Greek yogurt (I chose Vanilla flavoured because that’s what we had on hand, however you can get yourself some healthier bonus points by opting for plain and adding a dash of organic vanilla)
- Coconut Milk (I used unsweetened)
- Half an avocado
- Half a handful of baby spinach
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 4 ice cubes
- Fat free whip and sprinkles. Not healthy, but necessary. If I’d put some more thought into this I could have picked up some coconut milk whip or maybe made my own with cream.
How to make it
Step 1: Toss all ingredients in a blender.
Step 2: Blend until smooth (and no green chunks remain)
Step 3: Top with whipped cream, add sprinkles, garnish and serve!